Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My new lava lamp looks like an aborted fetus in a jar.

I wish I was kidding.

Well, I’m all settled in my dorm, and I’ve made a few friends.  We had a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament last night, and I didn’t win.  I missed out on a lot in Frewsburg.  (Quick note to native Frewsburgers: You all suck at Super Smash Bros., and I would’ve won if I had better cannon fodder back home.)  …Not that I’m bitter.

I’ve elected to not bring a television to the dorm, just my TV tuner, and it was a great choice.  I just set it up to record The Colbert Report daily.  I’ll find out later if I did it right.

Update: 21:45 9/1/2006
Nearly everyone on the floor (minus the Counter Strikers) did laundry together in the tunnels, and we brought a GameCube to play Super Smash Bros. Melee.  We got the strangest looks, and most flattering compliments.  Some of those guys were just jealous that they hadn’t thought of it.  Anyway, I had done my laundry the day before, and I just went down to kick some ass.  I won every single game I was in.  I pwn.  I think that there is going to be even more SSB:M later tonight, but I’m not sure if I will participate.  Probably.

The Colbert Report recorded perfectly, as my roommate Bryon informed me.  The speakers came on suddenly, and he was a little worried.  I don’t blame him.