Wednesday, March 22, 2006

“People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.”

V, V for Vendetta

That’s hippie-talk!  Criminals are people too, and if my government is afraid of criminals, then I have a problem with my government.  Nevertheless, it was a pretty good movie.  The gratuitous blood, torture, and explosions were enough to make up for the pro-terrorist message.

I went to the movie with Shane and Mark, not because I really wanted to go, but because Shane offered to pay, and I didn’t have anything better to do.  Shane, of course, was an Indian-giver and refused to pay (for me) once we got there.  I just got bwned out of $7.00 for a movie I could have downloaded.  I guess I paid for the experience: sitting in a dark room watching explosions on a shitty projector/screen, smelling popcorn that I didn’t want to spend another $7.00 on.  I could have spent the night playing Halo or Mario Adventure for free.