Thursday, December 22, 2005

“I never forget a face, but in your case I’ll be glad to make an exception.”

Groucho Marx

I evaded my oral presentation today; I’ll be doing it after Christmas vacation.  That will give me a whole week to make a 2-3 minute video clip on violent video games.  I already bought the VHS tape because all of the ones I use are grainy from overuse.  A VHS tape is merely a serial hard drive, and I use it as such. 

I want to tape some content from Call of Duty 2 from Mark’s computer, but my VCR doesn’t have an S-Video input.  I can’t believe that RadioShack wanted $21.99 for an S-Video to (yellow) Video converter!  An RF Modulator that has all sorts of inputs sells for about $17.99.  What the hell?  Some employee asked me if I needed help, and I told her that a lower price would be nice.  I asked if they had a non-gold version that was cheaper, and she responded that it wasn’t a Gold Series product in a tone that was very insulting (although, I wasn’t very nice either.)  What the hell?!  It was gold!  That always adds a dollar or two to the price.  Hopefully my grandma’s RF Modulator has an S-Video input, because I don’t feel like dropping $18 on a school project.

Happy Holy Days!