Wednesday, November 16, 2005

“History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.”

Napoleon Bonaparte

I’m posting from the Hultquist Library at Jamestown Community College.  I actually found five book sources on the affects of violent video games on children, my topic for the English 1530 research paper.  I should probably pick a side, as it’s an argumentative paper.  Both arguments seem quite valid to me, but I have to think that video games can cause harm if misused (played to much or played by the mentally unstable).  However, Doom did not kill the students at Columbine, a couple of nutjobs* in a state where guns are too available were responsible.  Going back to the gun control debate in Participation in Government, no one needs an assault rifle (besides of course the military, and possibly the police).

*nut jobs? nut-jobs?  I need a spellchecker…

I had better get back to work…